- This event has passed.
First Day for Students
Welcome Parents & Guardians,
The 2019-2020 school year is here! Our staff at Prevailing Faith Christian Academy would like to thank you for allowing us to assist your children in becoming life learners. Our goal is to help meet the spiritual, academic, social, and physical needs of each child. We welcome our new and returning students with high hopes for a very productive school year!
We need to work together to develop, and maintain, a spirit of excellence and discipline which will in turn establish an important value system that will carry over into adulthood. Establishing this value system will allow us to attain the productivity from our students that will bring them great success. Our mission is to prepare your children for college and to provide them with the skills to later attain a leadership position in the workforce.
Please adhere to the following guidelines as we implement this value system for the new school year:
- Parents who are transporting their children should be at school no later than 8:00 a.m. Breakfast will begin approximately at 8:00 a.m. and shall end promptly at 8:20 a.m.
- Please have all students ready for pick up when the school drivers arrive. If there is any delay, this affects the breakfast time and will cause a late start in the classrooms.
- Students who miss 10 days or more of unexcused absences are subject to being retained for the next school year.
- Students who are consistently late will have their tardiness converted into unexcused absences.
- Clean uniforms and clean undergarments are mandatory, students are to wear uniform colors which consist of brown khaki bottoms and red or navy blue tops. Students should adhere to the dress code every day except Fridays (free dress day).
- Uniforms We Trust – 4004 DeSiard Street Monroe, LA 71203 (318)-737-7260 has the dress code information as well as the logo to be printed on each school shirt.
- All students must practice good hygiene prior to arriving to school. They should arrive with their faces washed, teeth brushed, and hair well groomed. The current uncombed hairstyles are not permitted at the school.
- An early bedtime is very important as it directly affects the child’s attentiveness, comprehension, and their ability to complete quality work while in at school.
- Parents, your involvement in homework is very important. Please monitor your child’s homework and their completion. You are required to sign completed documents that are sent home.
- All necessary documents should be returned the morning after they are received, with your signature. It is very important to have these documents on file in the office.
- If you’re not sure on what supplies your students need, take a look at your students’ teacher page – Click Here
Let’s work together to instill a love for learning, excellence, and discipline in our children.
Parents and teachers are partners, we are a TEAM (Together Everyone Accomplishes More)!
Charles & Patsy Brown